Table Of Contents
- The Importance Of Zero Gravity Position
- Benefits Of Using A Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- Is A Massage Chair A Good Investment?
- Zero Gravity Massage Chair Reviews
The demand for anti-gravity massage chairs (as some people call them), has exploded in the recent years and all manufacturers are fighting for their “piece of the pie.” Even though this battle is good, since it promotes competitiveness thus “forcing” the manufacturers to make better and better products, there is another side of the coin – customers (such as you and I) are often overwhelmed with the sheer number of different products, and can easily make a mistake (quite a costly mistake in this case).
For this reason, I decided to dive into the world of zero gravity massage chairs, turn it upside down and give you a list of the very best you can buy today. As you will see yourself, I divided these chairs into two groups, depending on the price, and recommended the best models. It is not my intention to force any specific model onto you; I will just give you the facts so you can decide on the one that best suits your need and your budget.
But first, let`s talk a little bit about
What is so special about this “zero gravity position, do you become “weightless” when you sit in a Zero G massage chair?
Obviously, you will not become weightless when you sit in one of these chairs, sorry to disappoint you (unless your chair is in outer space, but you shouldn`t do that because you`ll most likely die). So, what is it about, then? – It is about the position you assume.
If you take a look at the image above, you will see an astronaut in this very position. This anti-gravity position is designed to distribute the weight of the astronaut evenly during take-off.
And this is the exact position manufacturers use for their zero gravity massage chairs! You see, with this chair you are not only getting a massage that is out of this world, but you will also be getting a piece of NASA engineering, used to “fly out of this world!”
The idea behind this position is to give you a sense of weightlessness, deep relaxation and top it off with a world class full body massage.
Even if you don`t combine it with massage, Zero G position is incredibly beneficial! It will:
- Help people with back pain
- Slipped disc
- Nerve and muscle pain
- Promote circulation
- Lymph drainage
- Muscle relaxation
- Joint mobility and flexibility
Benefits Of Using A Zero Gravity Massage Chair
When it comes to massage in general, we could spend the entire day talking about its benefits and how it affects our body. Unfortunately, we don’t have that much time, but we are going to cover some of the most common ones:
- Pain relief – there is no better way to release muscle tension and soreness. Massage will also improve muscle performance, relax muscles and increase the range of motion, decrease muscle stiffness and prevent injuries. Getting a massage will also be beneficial if you are recovering from surgery, suffering from fibromyalgia or just want to get rid of that annoying lower-back pain.
- Stress relief – the truth of the matter is getting a regular massage can reduce your stress levels SIGNIFICANTLY. In the past, this was a speculation based on people’s personal feel, but now there is substantial medical research to back it up.
- Sleeping – believe it or not, sleeping is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Insufficient sleep is linked to many severe chronic diseases such as diabetes, depression, obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Massage will help relieve tension through your body and promote the quality of your sleep.
- Fight Depression – according to some research, 1 in every 10 adults in the US is suffering from depression (but we all battle depression from time to time). Getting a massage will improve your mood and reduce depression, this is why it is often prescribed together with psychotherapy.
- Blood pressure – studies have shown that getting a 10-15 minute chair massage will reduce oxygen consumption, cortisol levels and, ultimately, decrease blood pressure.
Is A Massage Chair A Good Investment?
I come across this question quite often; people ask me why should I spend $$$ to $$$$ to buy a massage chair, is it worth it? In these following paragraphs, I am going to tell you exactly why you should buy a massage chair.
When making these sorts of investments, you should always look at the long-term benefits, as opposed to the immediate ones. Sure, getting a $50 massage is a lot cheaper than buying a $1500 massage chair… Or is it?
Let’s do some math, and I’ll show you that getting regular massages is a lot more expensive in the long run. Let’s say an average full body massage costs around $50. Getting only one massage a week equates to $200 a month. So, in only 6 months you will have spent $1200 – an equivalent of a high quality massage chair that would last you years. Not to mention getting 2 massages a week…
Am I saying a massage chair is better than a certified massage therapist? No, absolutely not! If you have the money, you should definitely find a good massage therapist and stick to him/hey (good ones are hard to come by), but if you look at the overall investment, a massage chair makes more sense.
The Buying Process
Buying the best zero gravity massage chair is easier said than done. Manufacturers flooded the market in recent years, and this can be both good and bad.
The good thing is now we have a much broader choice and can pick out a chair that fits our needs perfectly. The bad thing is you can’t try out all of these chairs and give your review (we would go bankrupt in a heartbeat). This is why both you and I have to rely on our experience but also from the experience of others. We invest a lot of time and effort into researching and finding the most (and the best) reviewed chairs that are currently on the market. Once the analysis is complete, we turn it into a list of the best zero gravity massage chairs you will see below:
And now, the main reason you are here today – to pick the best massage chair for yourself! Rather than giving you a list of 100`s of chairs that are available on the market today, I decided to divide them all into two groups, filter out the bad ones and share with you a list that will fit your needs as well as your wallet.
Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Though they are well built, come with solid warranties and will do a good job massaging you, they cannot match the more expensive models. That being said, there are still good chairs costing less than $1000, and here they are:
Real Relax Shiatsu Massage Chair
This chair comes with 2 preset massage programs, 3 year warranty, and 35 air bags to cover your body from head to toes.
The thing I love about this chair is that it is designed in such a way it “hugs” and relaxes your entire body.
A full list of features:
- Neck, shoulders, and arms – kneading and rotating massage programs will relax your neck and airbags on the shoulders and along the arms will relieve tension in your arms completely.
- Back and hips – there are 8 massage points to deal with your back problem. These work in conjunction with hip airbags to stimulate your entire body along the back and spine. Hip area is also heated, to give you that little bit of extra relaxation.
- Legs and feet – leg airbags and feet rollers will give you an almost human massage, and even massage the soles of your feet.
At the time of the writing, this chair is at a 50% discount. We are not sure how long this discount will last, thus advise you act quickly if you want an excellent “cheap” massage chair!
Full Body Shiatsu Recliner
As you can see from the image, this chair is equipped with a 49″ long massage track, so it won’t have any problems reaching all the way from the neck to the thighs (even if you are a tall guy like me).
Though this is a low-range massage chair, it still offers 4 different massage programs:
The chair is equipped with sensors to detect your shoulder position and provide a more superior feel. It will also heat up your waist to relieve stiffness and backache.
The only problem with this chair is the poorly written manual. There have been several complaints, but we are unable to tell you if the manufacturer decided to update it. Luckily for us, this problem is easy to resolve – you can get a piece of paper and a pen, and go through each setting and write down what it does. Not something you’d expect after paying $$$ for an item, but the important thing is the chair itself is a superb piece of engineering.
Kahuna is one of the best selling (if not the best selling) massage chair in its price range, and rightfully so! Here is what I love about these people – they had one of the best selling chairs in the market, people were already buying, and everyone was happy, but they decided they wanted to take it further. And at the end of 2016, the chair was upgraded to accomodate their users better. They also listened to their users and made a new, easy to understand manual.
As you can see, with this chair you will get 5 different massage techniques:
If you are still not convinced that Kahuna massage chair is the one for you, take a look at some other features and benefits of owning it:
- 3 year warranty – the warranty covers parts, labor, and structural framework
- Technology – built in computer performs a full body scan and adjusts the chair accordingly.
- Speed and pressure – there are 3-speed levels and 3 levels of air pressure.
- Feet – foot area has dual foot rollers and is detachable and washable, a neat little feature for sanitary purposes.
- Trust – this chair is at the top when it comes to customer service, reviews and was the top recommended chair on Amazon in 2016.
For more information regrding this chair, click the link below:
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus
This chair has also been redesigned and constructed to that it uses one hand operated remote control. I don’t know what is it with massage chairs and controllers, but the ease of use is still one of the biggest problems manufacturers face. Which is why paying attention to details such as this one, can get one model to stand out among hundreds of others.
The chair is also user-friendly and comfortable; heavy use of top grain synthetic leather will enhance the massage experience, and increase the comfort.
Another thing you might like is the new rolling system, stretching from the upper back all the way down. But this rolling system would be nothing if it wasn’t paired up with a custom computer body scan. A computer will scan your body, the length of your spine, position of your muscles and determine exactly where to massage for maximum comfort.
This massage chair is equipped with:
- 4 automatic massage programs
- 3 massage techniques – kneading, tapping and combo
- 3 level of intensity and 3-speed controls
- Lower back heating
Relaxonchair will give you an awesome, human-like, massage thanks to its unique airbag technology. Airbags are programmed to inflate/deflate separately which is used to twist and stretch your body. Budy stretching of this type is also called “spinal decompression.” This is a routine where your legs and back are slowly stretched out, following a calculated method, to relieve pressure and give you that deep sense of relaxation.
If you are interested in buying it, you can do so on Amazon.com using the link below:
Luraco iRobotics 7 – The Grand Daddy Of Medical Massage Chairs
Luraco chairs are the first massage chairs to be made entirely in the USA. Luraco is a Texas-based company which specializes in innovative technology and research for military and commercial proposes. Luckily for us, they decided to pour that technology into healthcare industry and bring us one of the best medical massage chairs on the market!
Key features of iRobotic 7:
- 3D massage rollers – these rollers have soft bur firm heads, to better mimic human finger and as “humanistic” massage as possible. Rollers can, of course, go up and down, from side to side and in and out. And even though the massage track is not as long as the one previous model has, this chair can accommodate people up to 6ft5in tall!
- More than 100 air massage bags – more than most models we reviewed so far, to ensure the smoothest massage possible
- Programs – this chair offers 9 automatic massage programs: health, morning, night, soft, quick, shiatsu, stretch, TV and sport. You can, of course, modify these programs, chose an individual body type manually or set timers
- Optical sensors – optical sensors will set the rollers in the perfect position, depending on your body type and you can also set the desired massage intensity
- Foot rollers – rollers are individually configured to target acupoints at the bottom of your feet, combined with air bags, will give you a foot massage you won`t forget
- Vibration mode – with a press of a button you can activate vibration mode and get a soothing, relaxing vibration massage across your entire body
- Self-diagnosis – this chair is equipped with an intelligent diagnosis system which will scan your body and warn you of potential problems
- Spot Massage – spot massage is an excellent little feature which will help you focus on only those problematic areas, such as muscle knots. It will focus the rollers and break muscle knots in no time
- Smartphone control – you can download Android or iOS apps and monitor the chair via your smartphone
- Noise reduction technology
- Integrated speakers and headset plugs
NOTE: HelpYourBack.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.