Topical pain relief creams, sprays, and roll-ons are great because they will give your painful muscles and joints instant relief.
Of course, all these topical pain relievers are designed to relieve pain, but different products use different ingredients. And, in today`s article, we will be going over the top 5 topical pain relievers you can buy in under $25.
Before talking about these pain relief creams, I would like to go over some of the best practices for using them and maximizing their beneficial effect:
- Read the label and follow the instructions
- Do no apply them to open wounds or areas where your skin is damaged
- Wash your hands after applying and avoid eye contact
- Store appropriately
- Combine them with gentle massage
Top 5 Pain Relief Creams, Sprays, and Roll-Ons
Dr. Shepard’s Pain Therapy Relief Cream
Dr Shepard`s cream is a fast-acting, deep-penetrating cream aimed to give its users almost immediate relief. This is mostly due to Celadrin. Celadrin is one of the newest, most effective natural anti-inflammatory compounds which will promote joint health and flexibility and reduce pain, not only in the joints but the surrounding tissue as well.
There have been numerous studies regarding this compound and they all showed patients who used them experienced increased flexibility and reduced pain. Another important thing to mention is that this compound has no known side effects so it is very safe to use.
Dr Shepard`s cream will help those suffering from:
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle, back pain
- Swollen, painful, pulled muscles and spasms
- And much more
It does not leave the skin feeling greasy after application and it does not have that strong, menthol smell some other creams have.
The main thing that made this product so popular and widespread is the fact it does not focus solely on the symptoms (pain itself), it penetrates into the muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves and addresses the root cause of the inflammation which leads to pain.
Some of the ingredients Penetrex features are:
- Vitamin B6
- Arnica – Arnica is a plant commonly used for acne, bruises, sprains, pains and open wounds.
- Methylsulfonylmethane – this is a chemical compound found in plants, humans, and animals and it is used for chronic pain, inflammation, arthritis, scars and a variety of musculoskeletal conditions and pains
- Cetyl Myristoleate – a fatty acid used for joint and muscle pain because they are believed to lubricate the muscles and joints. They will also help reduce the inflammation and swelling
- Boswellia extract – Boswellia is a herbal extract taken from Boswellia Serrata tree. Studies have shown that this extract will help with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and act as an effective pain killer
Rub On Relief
Rub On Relief is a 100% natural pain relief cream with deep, long-lasting effect. Its anti-inflammatory effect will “hit” the pain at its source and reduce the inflammation, rather than just addressing the symptoms of pain.
This pain relief cream uses the following ingredients:
- Cetyl Myristoleate – just like Penetrex
- Rhus Tox – you probably know it as Poison Ivy. Besides giving you a skin rash, poison ivy has a widespread use in treating pains and strains, cramps, viral infections and arthritis
- Magnesium sulfate – for relaxing the muscle cramps
- Phosphorous – to soothe burning, intense and sudden pain
- Lachesis Mutus – this is actually a homeopathic remedy from a poisonous snake! This remedy is used to treat various circulatory and nervous system disorders
- Naja – to soothe nerve based pain
Maxx Labs Pain Relief Cream
- And various other muscle and joint pains through the body
For best effects it is recommended that you massage it into the painful areas – shoulders, neck or back for example, and feel the pain slowly going away. Once you apply it you will feel a slight tingling, followed by a cooling sensation from menthol and heat from capsaicin.
The cream is currently on a cool discount and you can read more about it if you click the link below:
Therma Chill – Item Is No Longer Under $25 (the price was raised)
This is a roll-on pain relief and it is considered as one of the top choices for arthritis and migraine relief and muscle and joint pain.
The cream is fairly similar to the ones we reviewed above: it uses natural ingredients, offers deep penetration, fast action, and long lasting relief and it is easy to apply.
So if it is just like the ones we talked about previously, why is it more expensive? Well, this is because there is a special promotion – buy one and get one for free. This promotion will only go on for as long as the supplies last, so if you want it you need to act fast. You can read more about it and buy it if you click the image below:
NOTE: HelpYourBack.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.